Dishwasher Bottle washer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only ever used my dishwasher to sanitize my bottles, not wash them. I don't think the soap gets into the bottle openings well enough to say the bottles are "washed".

That's kinda cool. A little pricey, but cool. I wonder if wine bottles would be stable enough on there.

Very cool. I wonder how easy it is to switch out the normal water jets and put this on and then put the normal stuff back on. If you bought it let us know how it works. Very cool item

From the video it looks to me like it would do a very good job of washing the bottles. However, my dishwasher is not on the compatible list otherwise I would be tempted to give it a try.

Very cool. I wonder how easy it is to switch out the normal water jets and put this on and then put the normal stuff back on. If you bought it let us know how it works. Very cool item

Just for hahas I tried removing the bottom washer arm of my dish washer. Opening the door, removing the bottom rack and removing the bottom wash arm took maybe 10 seconds. Longest part of was finding where to put the bottom rack - tried the counter first and it started to roll off so I just put it on the floor. Absolutely no big deal.

My washer model number is not on the compatible dishwasher list.

That's kinda cool. A little pricey, but cool. I wonder if wine bottles would be stable enough on there.

The price to me seems reasonable but I didn't think about wine bottles vs. beer bottles. The product is being sold as a bottle washer so maybe taller wine bottles would work just fine. There is a contact page where emails can be sent to "Ben's".

http://www.simplifieddesignllc.com/contact-info.php

It turns out that my dishwasher IS compatible! I'm going to ask about the bottles washers ability to handle taller 750ML wine bottles and if the answer is "Yes" I'm going to give serious consideration to purchasing the product.

Ref:
Bottle Washer Inquiry
[email protected]
To [me]@yahoo.com Feb 19 at 7:34 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our product! You are correct, your dishwasher is compatible. The last digit is usually a sort of revision level meaning the manufacturer changed something. So far, those changes haven't had any affect on our products compatibility with the base number dishwasher (base number in this case is WDF530PAY). You are also correct about our list's accuracy. The way the dishwasher manufacturers change things is pretty chaotic, so it is difficult, if not impossible, to maintain a compatibility list. I will add your model # to list.

Hope this helps!

Customer Service

Simplified Design, LLC

www.simplifieddesignllc.com

After watching the video - it does not seem that powerful of a stream going up the bottle.

For a little bit extra you could purchase the allinone bottle washer/sanitizer - this produces 45 psi of water pressure

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soyZDRAGyT4[/ame]

After watching the video - it does not seem that powerful of a stream going up the bottle.

For a little bit extra you could purchase the allinone bottle washer/sanitizer - this produces 45 psi of water pressure

Thanks for the post Steve. I had forgotten that you had a washer/sanitizer product.

I'm thinking that even if the other product was equal to yours with respect to washing/cleaning bottles I don't see how it would accomplish sanitizing.

I picked up a used dishwasher and made a few modifications . I can set any amount of time and temp. Any size bottle will fit and I can wash 20 bottles at time. Works great !

20 bottles? I bet that bucket washer Steve posted will do easily 5 times that amount in the same time. It will not dry them though like yours might but that's not important if you're bottling right away.

I picked up a used dishwasher and made a few modifications . I can set any amount of time and temp. Any size bottle will fit and I can wash 20 bottles at time. Works great !

Rube Goldberg would be proud of you! :h

To each their own, I have $20 and one evening in the shop invested . I can run a load through in ten minutes . I don't use the washer for sanitizing. I use a bottle sulfiter on top of my bottle tree, it is quick and easy.

To each their own, I have $20 and one evening in the shop invested . I can run a load through in ten minutes . I don't use the washer for sanitizing. I use a bottle sulfiter on top of my bottle tree, it is quick and easy.

I was picturing a 45 minute wash cycle like a regular dishwasher. Ten minutes is a different story. Is it possible to reuse the same water for several batches?

@ Farmer =

I like your setup if you have the room to do so -

Is this dishwasher only for this bottling cleaning ? I see the extra brackets you had to install along the sides to raise up the dishwasher rack and all.

Can you add sulfite and do a sanitizing rinse so you can eliminate using the
bottle sulfiter and save some time ?

FYI...

ill K... <[email protected]>
To [email protected] Feb 20 at 10:11 AM

Thanks for your quick reply. [to my previous inquiry to find if the product would work with my model dishwasher]

Two other questions have come up regarding your product....

I'm a home wine maker and would need to know if your product would work with, the taller than beer bottle, wine bottles?

Also, what is the approximate pressure of the water stream going into the bottle? I'm wondering if the stream would be strong enough to clean bottles that I might have forgotten to rinse after having wine in them.

Thanks again,
Bill K...

Here comes the answer. Please note what I've highlighted in red.

[email protected]
To Bill K... Today at 10:38 AM

Hi Bill,
I do not have nozzle pressure figures, but I can say it works well on 12oz. beer bottles that have not been rinsed after use. Also, each stream travels high enough to reach the bottom of an inverted wine bottle. However, our product is not designed to support wine bottles, unfortunately.

Customer Service
Simplified Design, LLC
www.simplifieddesignllc.com

Latest posts

Back