OINC (Oak Island North Carolina)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki4kk

Junior
Reaction score
In 1962, my high school chemistry teacher explained how to make wine out of grape juice. Soon after that, my mother noticed fruit flies in the house and traced them to my bedroom where she found a 1 gallon jug with Welch’s Grape Juice and about 2 pounds of sugar bubbling away. The Baker’s Yeast gave my first batch of wine a characteristic bouquet I will never forget, but it was fun and wine making became a lifelong hobby.

For over 11 years, I lived in upstate New York and enjoyed the hobby with great enthusiasm. With 20 gallon oak barrels, local New York grapes and imported grapes from California, I made some wines that I thought were good.

Now, retired and living on the North Carolina, I do not have a wine cellar, the 20 gallon barrels or the wine press and crusher. But I still enjoy the hobby using the convenient 5 to 6 gallon wine kits. The body of the wine is not as robust as using fresh grape but a vast improvement over my first batch in 1962.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure your wealth of knowledge will be a welcomed addition to the awesome group that's on here. Enjoy your stay lol!!!!

Welcome! You need to let us know what your mother DID when she caught you! LOL

Latest posts

Back