Time between cleaning and sanitizing...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkisel

Reaction score
I cleaned (using B-Brite) my bottles 5 or 6 days ago thinking I was going to then sanitize and bottle my batch of apple wine. Turns out that after test tasting and taking an SG reading I decided to back sweeten a little more and wait another week or so before bottling.

Do I need to wash/clean my bottles a second time before sanitizing and bottling? Bottles were drained and dried and openings covered with clean paper towels. This was, as I wrote above, done 5-6 days ago.

Thanks...

Nope, you should be good. I did it all the time, now I sanitize leave a little kmeta solution in the bottle and cap it with a synthetic t cork. A quick drain and I'm ready to go.

I clean and de-label bottles and put them on the bottle tree. Once dry, I put them in boxes up side down. Then, when I'm ready, they're ready. All I do is rinse with sulfite solution and put them back on the bottle tree until they are filled and corked several minutes later.

Latest posts

Back