Going on a Cruise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richmke

Reaction score
I am going on a Cruise for the first time. The Cruise Line lets each passenger bring one 750ml bottle of wine on board. I was intending to bring a port, so I guess I'll open 2 375ml bottles and put them into a 750ml bottle.

Nice to have the equipment to do that.

I am going on a Cruise for the first time. The Cruise Line lets each passenger bring one 750ml bottle of wine on board. I was intending to bring a port, so I guess I'll open 2 375ml bottles and put them into a 750ml bottle.

Nice to have the equipment to do that.

Some cruise lines say that and don't really check. Post that same question on Cruise Critic dot com for your ship's roll call and find out for sure. That is where we get our cruise information. It has always been very accurate.

Have you gotten your Norovirus inoculation? :)

Kidding, I'm kidding. Have a great time!

No, no, THIS really! :)

How very generous of them to "allow you" to bring one 750 ml bottle after you paid them to board their ship. Sniff!

Rich -
Are you sure you couldn't bring something a bit stronger in a wine bottle - other than port ?

Just thinking outside the box - LOL

Cruises have always been like this. My first cruise as about 20 years ago. My FIL was allowed to bring some of our wine onto the boat, but they charged a $12 "corkage fee". It was a 6 night cruise, so he paid for 6 bottles so we could have some of our wine at each dinner.

I just found it insane that we had to pay $12 for wine that we made, wine that we supplied, and cost just $3 to make.

Disney lets you bring 2 bottles on board. If you bring them to dinner, there is a corkage fee. I haven't cruised in a few years, I guess it's still the same. Just don't do like me and forget a corkscrew.

It is Carnival Cruise Line, and they seem pretty strict about alcohol. Carnival tends to have more problems with parties, and the problem tends to be caused by BYOB, hence the rule.

I would consider bringing something stronger than Port, but my wife likes fancy martinis. I have never tried to mix her one. Maybe if I can find a recipe she likes, I can cork a 750ml bottle full of Martini.

She also likes mojitos, so maybe white rum??? Is it easy to find limes and mint leaves on board?

BTW: It is one bottle per person, so we can bring 2 bottles.

Back