Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneill

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has ever read of any blind competitions wherein wine from one of the higher kits competed against other production wines. I think Wine Spectator will rate wins within certain price categories, would like to know how well kit wine stacks against other wines in say $10-$20 price categories.

Thanks

Most wine competitions I have entered, the wines compete against each other according to type, whether region, source, kit, bucket,fresh grapes, fruit wine, berry wine, cider, mead etc. but I don't see for example kits fro chile compete against buckets from chile. But now, there's a good reason the whole wine tasting of your own! [emoji485]

I seems like it was common for competitions to separate kit wines from wines made from fruit. In the past 20 years or so, the quality of kit wine has risen to the point where the majority of competitions lump kit wines and wines from grapes in together. The only separation now it seems is based on the Vinifera (type / blend of grapes).

Latest posts

Back