that time of year again

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, I am giving up Lima Beans for lent.....

Forgive me father for I have sinned.....

I shall not eat my favorite food for 40 days........

LimaBeans.jpg

Once again, I am giving up Lima Beans for lent.....

Forgive me father for I have sinned.....

I shall not eat my favorite food for 40 days........

I know you are just kidding, but I just had some awesome lima beans. We use an old recipe (from Molly Katzen, I believe) of baked lima beans. Just put in a bag of frozen limas, lots of garlic cloves (halved or quartered), a cup of green olives, some olive oil, thyme or other herbs. Bake for an hour or so, and these are delish!

I know you are just kidding, but I just had some awesome lima beans. We use an old recipe (from Molly Katzen, I believe) of baked lima beans. Just put in a bag of frozen limas, lots of garlic cloves (halved or quartered), a cup of green olives, some olive oil, thyme or other herbs. Bake for an hour or so, and these are delish!

I never would have thought of doing something like this. I usually just steam add butter and salt. I'm going to give this a try. I need to step out of the box a little more!

Steve

JohnT,
Lent is supposed to be a time where we give up something we truly enjoy. You certainly have made a difficult choice!
I as yet have not decided what that will be this year.

Steve

And here I thought you meant tax preparation time! :)

JohnT, I would think you would be rid of all your lint by now. I keep telling ya, ya don't have to give up anything, just get one of these! :h

JohnT,
Lent is supposed to be a time where we give up something we truly enjoy. You certainly have made a difficult choice!
I as yet have not decided what that will be this year.

Steve

i actually do this every year....

there better be a heaven!

Well folks,

lent begins on 2/10/2016.

Each year I pick alcohol as my give up... 40 days dry.

Who among you, my most distinguished friends and colleagues will join me in this pledge???

A man of character, I stand humbled!

Never gave Lent a thought, I will from now on.

I may do this also. Is it just not drinking the wine? I have many rackings and bottles to do in the next month or so.

Thanks!

Back