Cellar Craft your favorite white wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corinth

Reaction score
Just exactly as it reads,what is your favorite white wine. I would prefer a dry white wine wine. you have given me good recommendations before so why break up:h a good thing.The more expensive kits seem to be better but not always. I could not post without a kit seller:ft so I just entered celler Craft but CC is not a necessity.

thanks,
Corinth

I am not a big white wine drinker but if I do, my two choices are a) gewurtztraminer and b) a lightly oaked chardonnay.

WE SE Viognier (try a commercial bottle first if you haven't had a Viognier)
Pinot Grigio from a Chilean juice bucket (left dry, no back sweetning)

The Pinot goes with any sauce with dairy/cheese, acidity cuts right through the fat. The Viognier is great just sippin' in a nice comfy chair with a good book or wine magazine. Fireplace optional.

Craig - We're pre-gaming our Thanksgiving dinner with the Viognier.

The Selection Australian Chard is pretty good with a profile like the Kendall Jackson. It's the first white I did and I tweaked the finish with a couple ounces of medium French oak.

It would have been drinkable much sooner otherwise.

Craig - We're pre-gaming our Thanksgiving dinner with the Viognier.

The Selection Australian Chard is pretty good with a profile like the Kendall Jackson. It's the first white I did and I tweaked the finish with a couple ounces of medium French oak.

It would have been drinkable much sooner otherwise.

Will have to get that Australian Chardonnay. Kendall Jackson is my Mom's favorite Chardonnay. Did the kit come with any oak or not? I'm doing the Sonoma Dry Creek kit and it was naked (oh dear).

Latest posts

Back