Chilean Carmenere

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about ordering a Chilean Carmenere kit from WE. Anyone have any experience with this red?

We made it once. It was ok after about a year, then never got any better. It's definitely on the lighter side. Next Carmenere we make will be RJ's Winery Series w/skins. It's a bit more money, but I'm confident it will be much more flavorful.

I agree the RJS winery series is a better Carmenere. I just ordered the Cellar Craft Showcase Carmenere and looking forward to making it and seeing how that turns out.

I do not know if this helps, but I have made a number of batches from fresh grapes. Macerated on the skins for 6 days. They all turned out deep, dark, robust, and delicious..

Really surprised to see the opinions so far, one of my top 2 red kits. I have not done any of the other brands, but very happy with this one and sad to report only 2 bottles left in the cellar. Made a few minor tweaks, no oak chips in primary, bdx yeast, tuscan oak blend post clearing for 6 weeks. Drank well very early which is a bonus IMO.

Really surprised to see the opinions so far, one of my top 2 red kits. I have not done any of the other brands, but very happy with this one and sad to report only 2 bottles left in the cellar. Made a few minor tweaks, no oak chips in primary, bdx yeast, tuscan oak blend post clearing for 6 weeks. Drank well very early which is a bonus IMO.

Sounds like it is time to start another batch. Arne.

Latest posts

Back