Man (or Women) caves

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks,

I have posted a number of pictures of my man cave (or my favorite place to sit and sip a glass or two).

We are talking about redecorating and I am strapped for ideas. I really like the cave "as is" and am on the fence over the idea of changing it.

I was just wondering about everybody else. How about posting a picture of your favorite place to do some sippin?? Perhaps I can get some ideas....

My cave is more like a dungeon... 1903 House with 6 1/2 foot high ceilings and the old concrete floors which were no where near level and only on average an inch to two thick and sandstone walls. No way to make that worthy of pics...LOL I keep it clean and that's the cellar...

My cave is more like a dungeon... 1903 House with 6 1/2 foot high ceilings and the old concrete floors which were no where near level and only on average an inch to two thick and sandstone walls. No way to make that worthy of pics...LOL I keep it clean and that's the cellar...

Doug, where in the 'Burgh do you live? I was raised in Forest Hills and lived in Churchill Borough before I left the area. My bride is from McKeesport.

John, here are some ideas. We have the basement finished, I use the basement kitchen as a tasting area, I was doing some final assessment on the 2014 Malbec, planning to bottle soon. The cellar is behind the kitchen. At the other end of the basement is the theater, 134" with 7.1 surround, normally the lights are off and all you can see is the screen. It's easy to loose track of time down there.

Basement.jpg

Cellar.jpg

Cellar 2.jpg

Theater.jpg

Doug, where in the 'Burgh do you live? I was raised in Forest Hills and lived in Churchill Borough before I left the area. My bride is from McKeesport.

Rocky, We're from the Crafton area. West of the 'Burgh... Convenient to just about everything.

Last edited:
Is there a quilter sharing that room with the Jedi? I often have a glass of wine in my sewing room.

Mary Lou

Most of my time is spent in the shop. This is where, jerky, sausage, wine, cider, dried fruit and smoked fish happen. We lived here while I built our house and then this became "the dog house".

doghs5.jpg

This is the next room which was our garage.

P7120002600x450_zps2ba4242d.jpg

Last edited:
John, here are some ideas. We have the basement finished, I use the basement kitchen as a tasting area, I was doing some final assessment on the 2014 Malbec, planning to bottle soon. The cellar is behind the kitchen. At the other end of the basement is the theater, 134" with 7.1 surround, normally the lights are off and all you can see is the screen. It's easy to loose track of time down there.

Nice! What part of IL are you in?

Not as fancy as others, but it's mine, all mine! Other than the garage, this is my hangout. Sometimes the kids come down and play with the xbox or wii, or the boys watch a football game when the youngest is watching High School Musical I or II for the 50th time.

Right now it is at 60.5*F, perfect for white wine making, or English Ales (actually a tad low).

1st image is the wine storage area until I use my machete and clear an area for some built in storage.
2nd is my chair (parents bought it when I was in kindergarten).
3rd and 4th are the views from my chair.

If you look closely you may see a familiar labels on a bunch bottles that someone on this forum was nice enough to share with me. Looking forward to sampling the Chardonnay this weekend, if I can get the significant other to stop studying for her final next week.

12-4-2015_basement-1.jpg

12-4-2015_basement-2.jpg

12-4-2015_basement-3.jpg

12-4-2015_basement-4.jpg

LOL, Craig you mention the vintage chair but what about the vintage stereo?

It still works fine, used to have it set up where the kids gaming TV is now with speakers hanging from the rafters. Limited external digital input, so I have to keep all of the ancillary devices.

One of the McIntosh cone woofers needs replaced. Having issues finding a replacement without replacing the one in the other speaker.

Not as fancy as others, but it's mine, all mine! Other than the garage, this is my hangout. Sometimes the kids come down and play with the xbox or wii, or the boys watch a football game when the youngest is watching High School Musical I or II for the 50th time.

Right now it is at 60.5*F, perfect for white wine making, or English Ales (actually a tad low).

1st image is the wine storage area until I use my machete and clear an area for some built in storage.
2nd is my chair (parents bought it when I was in kindergarten).
3rd and 4th are the views from my chair.

If you look closely you may see a familiar labels on a bunch bottles that someone on this forum was nice enough to share with me. Looking forward to sampling the Chardonnay this weekend, if I can get the significant other to stop studying for her final next week.

I like this room, it looks real, and comfortable. ok, real comfortable

Latest posts

Back