Question for Newbie Regarding pH, Additives

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielJ

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!
I'm new to this forum as well as winemaking. I have a couple questions for my next six-gallon batch of white moscato. How vital is it to measure and adjust pH as well as add other additives to alter the final product? In my first batch of concord, I rehydrated a packet of yeast and added it with yeast nutrient. Within hours, I could hear the yeast working if I put my ear close to the surface. I usually stagger the recommended dosage of yeast nutrient over the first week or so of fermentation. After adding campden tablets and bentonite for clearing, it tasted pretty good to me. I am wondering if I should invest in other additives to improve my next batch and whether it is necessary or not. Since I do not know very much about wine additives, where is a good place to start in terms of learning about them and their function? Also, I have read about adding fruit and/or spices to mead as additional nutrient for yeast as well as flavor. Any thoughts on this for wine? Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Go to the Tutorials & Reference Guides section on here. A lot of helpful information.

Latest posts

Back