Traverse City

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jc5066

Reaction score
Headed to Traverse City this weekend. I know there a ton of Wineries. Any suggestions on must visit wineries? Maybe list your top 3?

JC, I was there in August for 3 days. Can't remember the names of the wineries my wife and I visited. Some were really down to earth and others thought they were a Napa winery. They have a few different wine trails to follow and don't forget to try a couple of the breweries. Enjoy your trip, Bakervinyard P.S. if you get a chance stop at the Traverse City Pie Shop, they make over 20 different kinds of pie

Chateau Chantel, 2 Lads Winery, and Black Star farms. Excellent tour at Chateau Chantel

I echo 2 Lads. They have a great tasting room. I really like the wines at Chateau Fontaine. Lots of great places up there - so many to choose from. Spend a few days.

Would recommend Brengman Brothers. Was there for a wedding this past June and through one of their red blends, was introduced to the Refosco grape (Italian) which i liked so much I ended up buying a case. Enjoy the trip!

I'm from Michigan. I'm not a fan of most. 2Lads, Chateau Chantel and L Mawby I feel are worth the trip though. They seem to do a good job with Cherry wine too. I feel a lot taste a bit watery though and lack flavor and complexity. I feel some of the restaurants in this area are outstanding. A local-yocal client of mine told me about Bubba's Burgers once and we loved it. Traverse Bay Bread Company does really neat sandwiches and was really neat. Peninsula Grill was awesome too. But looks like you might have already gone and come back.

Last edited:
Back