Advice on faucet for wine room sink

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdidona

Learning the art
Reaction score
Hello all, been lurking for a while. I recently bought a single basin stainless sink with side drainboard off of Craigslist, got tired of carrying my carboys, bottles, etc, up and down to the kitchen. I'm wondering if anyone had any advice on a good faucet to purchase, sink is 14" deep with 8" centers. I was thinking of picking up one of the pre-wash sinks with the add on faucet, but don't know if this is overkill. Looking to see if anyone had something they could recommend that works for them, all suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

This answer is probably on over simplification but I have a tall gooseneck faucet that allows me to get a 6 gallon carboy or a tall primary bucket under it. Not sure what brand name it is, got it at Home Depot.

This answer is probably on over simplification but I have a tall gooseneck faucet that allows me to get a 6 gallon carboy or a tall primary bucket under it. Not sure what brand name it is, got it at Home Depot.
Personally I would like a faucet similar to the suggested gooseneck one. BUT, I also want a faucet that can accept a bottle washer.

Steve

I LOVE having a pull out spray faucet. So much easier than a non pull out faucet for rinsing buckets and carboys IMO. I got this $40 utility sink faucet from Menards 2.5 years ago. I got it because it included a garden hose attachment so I could run a hose or bottle washer off it. It worked decent until that past month. Now the threads of the garden hose adapter are slipping inside the faucet if I tighten the attachment too hard. Sometime the water pressure is enough to push the whole adapter out. I'm considering this one from Amazon as a replacement but am a little hesitant as the threads appear to be plastic as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I would like a faucet similar to the suggested gooseneck one. BUT, I also want a faucet that can accept a bottle washer.

Steve

I agree with Steve, one good faucet on the side that can take the pressure of using a bottle washer regularly and also an aspirator for degassing samples.

Thanks all for the input, much appreciated. I think I'm leaning towards the pre wash faucet with the long hose to cover everything. Hadn't thought about getting one that can take a bottle washer, thanks for that.

This is a new idea for me. How does this work?

Thanks,
Cody

It attaches to your faucet. It allows water to run through it but there is another port on it that draws a vacuum. You attach a hose to it and to a beaker designed for degassing. They are also used for doing an A/O test for S02 and for drawing a vacuum on a cash still.

Latest posts

Back