Advise on Musto Bella juice bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I'm just ordered a pail of Amarone from Musto Bella. I plan to ferment this on some fresh pressed grapes from a Malbec I'll be making. I have a few questions as I've never messed with these type of juice pails.

Are they pre innoculated with yeast. Should I plan on pitching fresh yeast or will there be enough in the pressed grape to get it going?

Do you use additives with these pails. Fermaid K, enzymes, ect?

Should I plan on putting the finished wine thru MLF?

Anything else I should count on or do?

Thx

Only one bucket? 60 gal drum + 2 lugs Elegante grapes

There is plenty of yeast. I add peptic enzyme to get the most from the grape skins. I did the Barolo last year and MLF was not required.

This year, I started the grapes on R-212 for a couple of days before adding to the pails. The drum has E-1118 as a yeast.

From there its pretty straight forward.

The Barolo from last year is one of the best I ever made. I think you will really like the result.

20151006_164137[1].jpg

I'm just ordered a pail of Amarone from Musto Bella. I plan to ferment this on some fresh pressed grapes from a Malbec I'll be making. I have a few questions as I've never messed with these type of juice pails.

Are they pre innoculated with yeast. Should I plan on pitching fresh yeast or will there be enough in the pressed grape to get it going?

Do you use additives with these pails. Fermaid K, enzymes, ect?

Should I plan on putting the finished wine thru MLF?

Anything else I should count on or do?

Thx

I would have yeast on hand in case your grapes' yeast isn't enough, but adding the grapes should work.

I typically add pectic enzyme, yeast nutrients, oak, and tannins.

Amarone would benefit from MLF.

Back