Oh Lord, help me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to run to the supplier last night for some yeast.

I had seen this when I picked up the grapes three weeks ago, and it still had not sold. Nice size unit with a MUST PUMP!!!!

POOF.. The devil was on one shoulder, and an angel on the other. Here is how the conversation between the two of them went..

Devil: The must pump would be good for your back..

Angel: It will never fit in your car...

Devil: You could come back with your brother's van. Look at that price! it must be a $2,000.00 unit!

Angel: Still it is $600, and you promised your lovely wife to cut back.

Devil: The heck with her, she is not the one that has to lug all of those crushed grapes into the winery.

Angel: She puts up with so much, she lives in the house while all of those grapes are fermenting. Think of all of that work she did for crush.

Devil: You forget that your wife is cheap. She could squeeze champagne out of a dust spec. Surely she will see what an incredible bargain this is. Talk about value! She might thank you for getting it. You might even be able to get a further discount if you asked.. Go on, go for it. You know you want it.

Angel: She will kill you. You will make her sad. She might even realize just how much you are obsessed with this winemaking and really put on the brakes..

Devil: Look at it shining in the sun, looking sad like a lost puppy. All it needs is a nice home to make it happy..

Angel: The wife will never sleep with you again..

Devil: OK angel, you win!

Seriously, This is a nice size de-stemmer and an amazing bargain. If you are in the NJ area, this is being offered by Corrado's.

IMG_20151006_154847_522.jpg

Just a destemmer though, not a crusher/destemmer. Although these days it seems more and more top tier wineries are going to just that. Whole berry destemming with optical sorters to kick out the rejects and then they crush just enough fruit the old fashioned way (ala I love Lucy) to get the fermentation going.

John, YOU NEED THIS TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!!!!

Just a destemmer though, not a crusher/destemmer. Although these days it seems more and more top tier wineries are going to just that. Whole berry destemming with optical sorters to kick out the rejects and then they crush just enough fruit the old fashioned way (ala I love Lucy) to get the fermentation going.

John, YOU NEED THIS TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!!!!

It actually is a crusher/destemmer. They just wrote "destemmer" to save space on the sign.

Your shadow, which is visible in the picture above, taking the picture, is like the silhouette of a sad, sad puppy dog who wants something he cannot get to. :)

It actually is a crusher/destemmer. They just wrote "destemmer" to save space on the sign.

db451cc550126738b8f31033ede9591fbfe31aaf7c45c9a5775c40e0e871d554.jpg

John, you need to be sensible about this. Save up for it until you can barely carry the must into your basement and die the year after you buy it. Your wife's new boyfriend gives it away to his son or nephew to get it out of the house (no kidding I bought 20 carboys for $5.00 each due to this same scenario). Or you can buy it now and have it for the next 30 years making wine that much more enjoyable.

Learn from Robert Frost and go for it, JohnT:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay