Yeast crisis!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nayrea143

Reaction score
I just picked up my grapes barbera and cab sav. 50/50 blend. And my supplier failed to mention he was out of yeast. So now I am scrambling. Looks like I can get my hands on and use pasture red. Or Ec1118. Any suggestions??? I wanted rc 212

The guy at the store was saying the pasture red and rc212 are very similar

Is their not another home brew store where you might source some RC212? I would go with the Pasteur Red over EC1118

I called three places. This one had my best options. They won't have rc 212 until Thursday.

And now with all this running around we didn't crush yet and it's getting cold out. Not sure to leave them warm up tom and crush tom night or crush tonight and let it warm up tom then pitch yeast. [emoji15][emoji15]

You're in Jersey, right? PM @JohnT and see if he has any left. He's done fermenting. ;)

I always go to Jack Keller's page this time of year and read his yeast descriptions. It always helps me pick out a couple yeast suggestions. Then, I go to the local winemaking shop and ask their opinion.

Corrado's has RC-212. I saw some there just 2 days ago.

Where's Corrados??? I have never heard of it. Is it near me?? I am in south jersey.

Ended up using the pasture red. Seems fine. Pretty foamy tho!!!

Corrado's wine store was in, Clifton last time I was there a few years ago. HUGE! Surprised they had nothing else, when I lived up there they used to have several types of yeast. There is a place in, Philly called, Keystone Home Brew. Everything I've order from them in the last few months was basically, Fedex'd over night, and that was to, MD few miles outside of, DC. Last I checked, they had several yeast options.

Corrado's wine store was in, Clifton last time I was there a few years ago. HUGE! Surprised they had nothing else, when I lived up there they used to have several types of yeast. There is a place in, Philly called, Keystone Home Brew. Everything I've order from them in the last few months was basically, Fedex'd over night, and that was to, MD few miles outside of, DC. Last I checked, they had several yeast options.

I called a few places and they were all out. They usually do carry it but they didn't have them. I will look into those places in the future for sure.
Thanks !!!

Back