Tired! So tired..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It has been 6 weeks of weekend work, but I am now, finally, done.

This weekend, had the family over to rack and add the mlb. I found a strain the has high limits (70ppm so2, 16 A/V). Great considering the high sugar this year.

We started at 9am, finished at 2pm, and the evening broke up at 10pm.

I made goulash, spaetzle, and home made whole wheat bread (just to soak up the wine we were drinking.

The wife made me promise a quiet, "just the two of us" weekend. I promised that I would try......

I used CH16 in the fall last year and vp41 in the spring. My mlb was done in a few short weeks in spring.

Which do you recommend for Sangiovese/barbera

70ppm? Where did you find this MLB?
PS glad you made it through the harvest/crush/ferment/press/rack/settledown
/=clean

Out of stock [emoji24] I have 8 frozen grape buckets coming during the next 8 weeks. Petite sirah being one of them oddly enough. (Ch16 is an isolated MLB strain from this grape)

Check later in the week. Those things seem to go in and out of stock alot. I think you can sign up and have them send you an email when they get it in again. I put an order in for stuff on Friday afternoon and it looks like it will be here tomorrow, just in time for my Chardonel to finish, it was 1.000 when I checked a few minutes ago.

I feel your pain. We processed over 3.5 tons of grapes this weekend. Thank goodness we had great volunteers to help. I've only just finished cleaning up. Even had to hose the outside walls down due to a particularly spectacular grape geyser that went 20 feet in the air from the bladder press.

IMG_9658.jpg

IMG_9661.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back