Cellar Tracking App?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4score

Reaction score
I'm looking for a simple smart phone (iPhone) APP to track my collection of wines. Ideally I'd like something that could identify the current inventory, allow you to take out a bottle, and track the inventory by location (in the house wine rack, wine fridge, garage cellar, etc.). Bonus if you could also record notes about the various vintages/varietals.

There seem to be a lot of "wine APPs" out there. Just looking for one that other wine makers have used successfully and find valuable.

I use an app called Wine+ by Metosphere and love it. It keeps up with all the pertinent data and has a memo section to put your tasting notes. Not sure what it cost but it was cheap. They also have a free version just called Wine. It is the one with corkscrew and corks in the picture.

If you use the on-line Cellartracker database, you can use the CorkZ app to interface with it on your smartphone.

+1 I tried quite a few including Vivino and then looked at Cellartracker. It was hands down the winner for commercial wines plus it is free. They make a free app as well for smartphones and pads. I input my entire inventory of commercial wine (~350 bottles) in a couple of hours. You can then update things from any computer with an internet connection. You can sort on anything. Vintage, varietal, winery. Everything is tracked. I have rarely had to create a new wine as there are so many users even when I get a Fall or Spring wine allocation shipment somebody has already beat me to the punch and created that wine/vintage. They even have a place to put what you paired it with or who you drank it with. Its fast and very easy to use.

Some great recommendations....thank you, I'll take a look.

I'm looking for something to help track a combination of commercial and home-made wines.

Cheers!

I use cellartracker and you can add your own home made wines to the database. I include my notes on producing the wine, and it helps me keep track of whats in the cellar. There is also a vinopal app for ipad that interfaces to cellartracker.

So I just added the first of my wines made from fresh grapes into Cellar Tracker! Worked like a charm. All the way down to the AVA and even Sub AVA if you have one. Now to add the rest and then try and keep up with keeping things current!

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 3.14.03 PM.png

Nice! I was able to find it by searching the database. I guess that I'll have to renew my subscription to wine advocate see the pro reviews. [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back