Peach bottling tomorrow

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreR

Reaction score
Here is a peach I started August 2014. Left to settle out 1 year, polished 2 weeks ago with Super Kleer KC. Bottling pics to follow!
FA6DF552-BFC3-44FA-B68F-D3306220EE99_zpsm5lrmnay.jpg

It is from fresh, late harvest freestone peaches. They were super juicy, and flavorful! Ate too many when I was pitting and crushing!

I used 40 pounds, minus trim and pits. 2 whole cases.
1 tbsp. Yeast Energizer
1 tsp Pectic Enzyme
2 1/2 Acid Blend
1 tsp. Tannin
Corn sugar to bring SG to 1.100
Water to make 23 liters

After joining here, I will likely use straight juice/nectar next round.

Did you think NOT using just juice/nectar diluted the flavor? How does it taste? I have a peach tree coming into fruiting age(I got 4 peaches this year and realized I was the only one of my family who enjoyed them) and would like to make a peach wine.

Did you think NOT using just juice/nectar diluted the flavor? How does it taste? I have a peach tree coming into fruiting age(I got 4 peaches this year and realized I was the only one of my family who enjoyed them) and would like to make a peach wine.

Well, before finding this place, every recipe I have seen, for damn near any country wine, calls for 2-4 pounds of fruit for every gallon of wine to be produced, the balance was water. I have been using way more fruit than the recipies call for, but as of yet, never straight juice.

Flavor was nice. Smooth, good mouth feel, not overly dry. Definitely not in your face "peach". Still learning after all these years!! :h

Looks nice. I'm hoping to bottle my 2014 Peach Wine tomorrow. Nice label too.

Back