Is it bad to fill my bottles with a spigot?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeginnerMark

Reaction score
Is it bad to fill my bottles with a spigot? Or will the wine get oxygenated and get bad?

Is it bad to fill my bottles with a spigot? Or will the wine get oxygenated and get bad?

I'd be concerned about introducing O2, leading to possible oxidation. What I do is use a short length of tubing to attach my bottling wand to the spigot on my bottling bucket, best of both worlds. I set the bucket on the kitchen counter & everything is the perfect height for me to sit in a chair & fill bottles. I put a cookie pan on the floor to catch any drips.
Regards, GF.

I did what GF does for years. Worked fine. Then I upgraded to the All In One wine bottling attachment & never would go back! Roy

I did the same thing. I used to hate bottling time (but it was a blessing in disguise because my wine spent more time in bulk aging!) until I tried the AIO bottling attachment. I had tried everything: from the spigot, from a bottling wand, from a tube with a pinchcock, etc. and I did not like any of it. With the AIO attachment, I arrange my bottles in a 25 bottle commercial dishwashing rack and bottle away. I can move the full rack to my corker and finish up a carboy in no time.

Rocky
That is the exact procedure I follow as well. It works really great !!

The dishwasher racks really are a great help

Back