Thoughts on aging...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AS I AGE, I REALIZE THAT

1. I talk to myself because sometimes I need expert advice.

2. Sometimes I roll my eyes out loud.

3. I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off.

4. My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance of idiots that needs work.

5. The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

6. When I was a child I thought nap time was punishment. Now it's like a mini-vacation.

7. The day the world runs out of wine is just too terrible to think about.

8. Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound!

9. Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller.

10. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.

11. When the kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes".

12. At my age “Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean, Roger. I frequently walk from one room to another and when I get there, I think, "What did I want here?" I usually have to return to the first room for the objective to return.

That's especially frightening if your reason for entering that room was, in fact, to get lucky. :)

Had one of "these" moments this morning! Walked out to car, in hand was laptop case, lunch, cell phone, company ID badge. Get to car start going through pockets for keys thinking I left them on counter. Searching, ah there they are! In my hand with laptop case, lunch, cell phone......
SWMBO smirks what's wrong with you? [emoji41]

Steve

I thought the thread was going to be on aging wine, but it was a good read just the same.

Several months ago, I was talking to my daughter on my cell and she was asking about my upcoming work schedule, which of course I keep on Google Calendar. As we are talking, I am getting quite frustrated because I can't find my phone to check my schedule.

Those small black out moments can be such a nice break in the day.

Back