Need muscadines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My usual contacts vines looked terrible this year, picked 6 vines clean and only got 30 lbs. I need about 90 more. I use the dark ones (Noble).

Yea, I hear muscadines aren't doing so great this year. My step son outside of Charlotte, NC and they had no rain pretty much all summer. His muscadines did not make it.

I think I have enough to make 5 gallons this year if I mix bronze and purple ones. My vines got killed down close to the ground last winter.

We had to much rain, and they all fell off before they got ripe..

I haven't heard if our local winery has any extras this year. They let you pick as many as you want normally.

Try still pond winery. They have 250 acres make 60000 bottles and sell juice and grapes. They had an event a month ago and seemed to be doing well. Arlington Ga

Where are you located

The man I'm getting grapes from lives in Manchester, 5 miles from where they have Bonoroo. Just a little over an hour from Chattanooga. He talked like he had 300 to 400 lbs. I think his buddy has some too, he's checking to see if he may have more than just the Carlos.

Will do, I'll check with him tomorrow on varieties and pick date.

@dralarms Today I went to Vineyard #1 He has around 300 lbs of Carlos, And 3 or 4 vines that were supposed to be Carlos, but turned out to be of the Red variety, doesn't know which one (red) though.

Vineyard #2 I will be at tomorrow, he thinks he might have 100 lbs of Nobel but wasn't sure. Tomorrow I will remind him to check. Vineyard #2 owner said, on the phone today, that he thought a man in Smithville may have some Nobel. I'll get his ph# tomorrow if he hasn't called him and check to make sure. I should have more info tomorrow night.

How many pounds were you wanting of the Nobel?

Just left 3rd vineyard, no Nobels so far. I will try 2 more vineyards later today. :?

Sorry @dralarms I tried but no luck on the Nobels, one guy has 2 plants but wont let any go, personal supply. Wish you luck. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Latest posts

Back