Pino Gris & ML fermentation?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All. I'm new here but not to wine making. Our group is doing Pino Gris this year and we are wondering if anyone has put their Pino Gris through MF fermentation? Will this take the edge off Pino Gris high acid taste and round the pallet as it does with chardonnay?

Mike, I've not heard of this either. I've a barrel of Pino just finishing primary. I suppose I could split some off and try it as a bench test. Just wonder if anyone else has tried it before I reinvent the wheel.

Thanks Aaron. What did taste like? Did it quiet the natural tartness of the pino gris? What did it do for the mouth feel?

Thanks Aaron. What did taste like? Did it quiet the natural tartness of the pino gris? What did it do for the mouth feel?

It isn't extremely tart. Although I fermented dry, it tastes fruity and balanced with a nice, not too heavy mouth feel.
I also Cold stabilized.

FYI: It was actually a Home Wine fresh juice pail, 'Pinot Grigio' which I believe is the same grape variety.

Last edited:
Back