I'm a Hero!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4score

Reaction score
Just three letters......PBW. PBW stands for Powdered Brewery Wash. This product is widely used in commercial breweries across the country. Use 1 - 2 ounces per gallon for cleaning boil kettles, or an ounce per gallon for fermenters, kegs and other brewing equipment. Soaking overnight will easily remove stubborn, caked on organic deposits without scrubbing. PBW is environmentally friendly, biodegradeable, and will not harm septic systems.

I happened to have a few gallons mixed up in my garage to clean various wine-making supplies after barreling activities the other day. I was helping with the dishes that evening and was trying to clean our Corning Ware dish recently used by my wife to make a fabulous mixed berry cobbler. I scrubbed and scrubbed with dish soap but a few stubborn stains just would not budge! My wife told me to give up - "they'll never come out". Ahh-Haaa, I stole away with the dish and sunk it into my bucket of PBW in the garage. An hour or so later I retrieved it and rinshed it off. You would swear it was brand new! My wife is now a huge fan of PBW!

By the way, we have some really nice wine glasses that look "tired" after years of good use. I carefully placed them in the bucket of PBW and VIOLA, they are perfect now! Brand new!

Just do a search on Amazon for PBW is you're interested. This stuff is incredible!

Nice work!

We're big fans of PBW in the kitchen, too. It does a fantastic job on a Dutch oven after making a stew, or a roasting pan after roasting a pork shoulder, etc. When I recently used up my smallish container of PBW (mostly in the kitchen), we bought huge container, and stole a mason jar full of it for under the kitchen sink!

Back