My new fermentation chamber

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brottman

Reaction score
Bought a new freezer for the family and repurposed old one to make a temp controlled fermentation chamber. Replaced stock thermostat with a STC-1000 I got online for about $20. Now I can control the temp from -40c up to room temperature. Works great!

1441314578749.jpg

1441314594498.jpg

Sour_grapes, I ended up completely removing the old stock temperature sensor. The STC-1000 comes with one that I'm currently just draping through (under) the back side of the lid. Not sure what else to do, but it seems to be working good the way I have it. Let me know if you'd like to see a closer up picture.

Sour_grapes, I ended up completely removing the old stock temperature sensor. The STC-1000 comes with one that I'm currently just draping through (under) the back side of the lid. Not sure what else to do, but it seems to be working good the way I have it. Let me know if you'd like to see a closer up picture.

I see. That sounds like a fine idea. I only asked because I assumed you had hooked the old sensor up to the new controller, and I was wondering what kind of input sensors the STC-1000 could handle and what was used in common freezers. Subbing out and using the included sensor sounds like the way to go.

I have a similar one but in Fahrenheit measurements - WTS-3a016 controller

It has its own probe and the freezer electrical power circuit ties onto this controller so it bypasses the original one. No need to even cut or remove the original sensor.
It does do hot and cold , but only has a 10 amp rating if I remember correctly.

I am using a RANCO ETC-111000 - best price is here =

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015NV5BE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

This is really nice for parties - keeps all the beer and pop at 28 degrees and no ice needed !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back