Gearing up for the harvesting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, You did not ask for an opinion but I feel compelled to offer mine regardless. Getting into wine making requires commitment, dedication and resolve. This half-hearted approach that you are displaying will not succeed! :)

That sounds like something around 600 gallons of wine which is more than a little! Keep us up to date on your progress with lots of pictures. I, for one, am very interested.

Rocky he has to take baby steps before he gets to run with the big boys and their tanks that hold thousands of gallons! LOL Before you know it they will be too small also. Looking good Greg.

Already too small. I need to find a home for some of those grapes because I gave 160 gal of rhubarb wine in progress, 500 pounds of aronia to get going and another 150 gal of blue bliss (blueberry lemon my best seller) to get going. Oh and those 300 pounds of black currants! Ack. Need more tanks.

I am getting the following:

Frontenac 2000 pounds
Frontenac Gris 3000 pounds
La Crescent 1000 pounds
Prairie Star 3000 pounds
King of the North 6000 pounds
Petite Pearl 500 pounds
Verona 300 pounds
TP 1-1-12 100 pounds

Looking good. Let me know when you are able to ship. I'd love to try that Blue Bliss.

I am getting the following:

Frontenac 2000 pounds
Frontenac Gris 3000 pounds
La Crescent 1000 pounds
Prairie Star 3000 pounds
King of the North 6000 pounds
Petite Pearl 500 pounds
Verona 300 pounds
TP 1-1-12 100 pounds

I guess is was unaware that TP 1-1-12 was able to produce up here, i thought it was marked for zone 4b or 5. Is this the first harvest that you have gotten from it?

These aren't my grapes. The TP 1-1-12 are coming from the vineyard at Bevens Creek Nursery. But there are some growing in test vineyards in North Dakota. I don't have them yet.

Was thinking about entering a couple of wines but not after reading the packet. $35 each and you must submit (2) 750ml bottles per entry……… :sh

Back