Alicante and cab Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vittorio1970

Junior
Reaction score
I am getting two type of grapes very soon. Alicante for the color and cab for the strength.

Will this give me a nice bold taste and dark look?
These two grapes together are they a great fit?

Last edited:
I think that this blend will be a little lighter than you would want. I would blend in something like merlot or petit sarah.

I was going to use the cab as the strength and the Alicante for the dark color. But now I might take your advice and research it and may use another one with the cab instead of the Alicante. I wonder how much the 36lb or 42lb grapes are this year. I heard around 32.00 a box.

I was going to use the cab as the strength and the Alicante for the dark color. But now I might take your advice and research it and may use another one with the cab instead of the Alicante. I wonder how much the 36lb or 42lb grapes are this year. I heard around 32.00 a box.

They seem to be running around $5 to $8 more per lug. I believe that this is due to the drought they are having in California. It simply takes more grapes to bring a lug to 36 pounds.

They seem to be running around $5 to $8 more per lug. I believe that this is due to the drought they are having in California. It simply takes more grapes to bring a lug to 36 pounds.

Are we buying by the pound, or by the grape? :mny

My juice is really fermentation great these 4 days so far. The smell is awesome!! I'm hoping this will make great wine :)

Latest posts

Back