• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

If you need some 5 gallon glass

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
These look interesting and seem to be a pretty good deal.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/pages/promos/siphonless-bmb-2-pack-for-49.html?utm_source=Blast-15&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Email_Main&utm_content=Bubbler_2_Pack&utm_campaign=Siphonless%20Big%20Mouth%202%20Pack%20for%20$49.99%20-%20Two%20Very%20Im-PORT-ant%20Fermentors&mc_cid=2cc99541ca&mc_eid=4258acf8dd

I'd like to use those for primary fermenting , I see they come in 6.5 gallons as well, wonder if I can find something in the 8 gallon range. I really like the wide lid, looks easy to take on and off / airlock. I'd probably open that one a lot less since I can see inside.

Won't you draw sediment into the racking tube if you rack from this primary fermenter using the spigot?

Ideally, the spigot is above the sediment. Even if it is not, you still will leave a lot of sediment behind.

I'm guessing it usually works, but:
1) You have to tip it to get the last clear wine out of it
2) One more thing to clean that can harbor nasties.

Back