fermentation peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmboy

Junior
Reaction score
Made peach wine for the first time. My first fermentation seemed to go well. I racked the wine after a week of initial fermentation. Second fermentation seemed to be going good till today which would be only the fourth day there very little activity in the air lock. Room temperature has been an average of 70° and dry. Is it normal for the yeast to become inactive this quick?

fermentation

Whst was the starting SG and todays SG?

Thank you. Like I stated it was peach wine not water wine lol. Just starting to get serious about wine making didn't check the gravity. My question was simple just wanted to know if anyone could give me an idea if it was normal for the yeast to go dormant in peach wine after the 4th day of fermentation.
15 lbs peaches 5 lbs of sugar 1 gallon water and brewers yeast.

Without SG's it will be impossible to tell, but yeast can ferment very fast. It probably isnt done quite yet, though.

fermentation

Thank you all for your input. I'll have to pick up a new hydrometer I have one in the garage but don't want to use that one lol.

Taste it Farmboy. It looks like it had enough time to go dry. Should taste a bit rough and alcoholic. If it does your probably good to go to the next step.
:b

Hope everyone had a good holiday season. I cracked open the peach wine on New years eve. It actually came out rather sweet with a bit of a bite .
Thank you all for the input earlier in the season. This year coming up I'm going to try apple and pear wine I also picked up a keg I'm going to convert into a distillery and try making a little malted corn whiskey.

Latest posts

Back