Chenin Blanc to Vinegarette?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieM

Reaction score
I made a CB that, unfortunately, has a strong alcohol scent when uncorked. And the taste makes my fellow tasters think it's on the way to becoming vinegar. But one suggested making a Vinegarette dressing out of it. Does any one have s recipe to do this? Or a web site ?

I made a CB that, unfortunately, has a strong alcohol scent when uncorked. And the taste makes my fellow tasters think it's on the way to becoming vinegar. But one suggested making a Vinegarette dressing out of it. Does any one have s recipe to do this? Or a web site ?

Vinegar is created by a very specific form of bacteria (acetobacter).
Research "mother of vinegar" here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_of_vinegar

Notes:
When a wine turns to vinegar, it is usually the winemaker's fault. You need to re-examine your sanitary practices. Properly clean all of your equipment, make proper use of k-meta, and keep those secondary fermenters/ageing vessels topped up!

I would not give up on your wine. I would give the wine a shot or k-meta and Check/adjust the PH level.

If you do decide to make vinegar, remember that you are dealing with bacteria here, Cross contamination should be a real concern. Do not make vinegar anywhere near where you are making wine. Separate rooms is a good idea, separate countries is a GREAT idea!

Back