Peller Estates Winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did some winery hopping in the Niagara region of Canada. A star of this trip was the visit I made to the Peller Estates Winery.

The weater was HOT!! Very hot!!! I was looking forward to some time in a nice, cool cellar. Unfortunately, the tour was mostly outside, in full sun.

At first, I debated paying for the $12 tour. It was just too hot! to my surprise, I found out that the tour end in their "Ice Room" (a room that is kept at a constant -10c). After learning this, the enthusiasm for the tour greatly increased.

The ice wines I tasted, were really not my cup of tea. I am not into the sweet stuff, but others in my party sure did enjoy them..

Here are a couple of pictures. Yes, all of the walls and the bar too were made out of solid ice!!! This place was very cool (lol).

IMG_20150728_131425_165.jpg

IMG_20150728_131433_983.jpg

IMG_20150728_131533_266.jpg

Peller Estates ... one of the big names in wine kits (although they are not made at the Peller Winery)....winexpert, Vineco, cellar craft, wine kitz.

Steve

Latest posts

Back