Hello from North Carolina

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryNC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just chiming in to say hello and started my first batch of peach wine a couple of days ago. This is my first attempt at fruit wine so I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Last year I made two gallons of mead. It turned out excellent, except that it was a little sweeter than I would've liked. Anyway, it kinda got a hook in me to try some other batches and, since we're in the peak of peach season here in NC, I thought I'd give it a try.

I've already spent a lot of time on the forum looking for info & tips so just wanted to say thanks to all you veteran wine makers for sharing your knowledge.

cheers,
Gary

Welcome to WMT. Please feel free to share your knowledge and ask questions any time.

Thanks Dan, I'm sure I'll have more questions than wisdom to share for awhile. I'm just into my first batch & ready to rack it to secondary tomorrow. I'm enjoying the process but, for now, I'm kinda lost in the details and not sure I can see the big picture of how all the parts go together. Having fun though ... hope to also end up with something fit to drink.

Gary

Gary,

Love the area. My brother went to Bowman Gray Medical school. Spent some time down there and really enjoyed the climate in the late fall. Welcome to WMT!

Thanks Craig. We do enjoy it here. Lived in the area for about 25 yrs now & have a nice little country setting. If you ever get down this way again give us a shout & maybe we can get together to tip a glass.

Gary

Hi Gary, Welcome to the forum. My daughter lives 12 mi down Hwy 86 @ Hogan Woods Farms. Nice area, we eat @ La Place when we visit her. Henry

Hey Henry, Thanks for the welcome. La Place is my fave around here. I know the owners and our common link is that we both originate from Louisiana. They're actually from Laplace, La, hence the name.

They make their own sausage and their cajun cuisine is authentic. I don't get there very often (I make most of the same dishes at home) but the food is always great there.

Welcome Gary !

Please stick around and ask questions or answer them as well, That is we all learn .

Latest posts

Back