So this happened.........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are having one of the driest Summers on record. Really nice pool/beach weather the whole week. Here for a wedding and visiting family and friends. Well spend a couple of days wine tasting here in Seattle/Woodinville. Brought a case of my wine out on the plane and leaving it here for family/friends. Taking it back full of WA State goodness. Pics coming!

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 8.50.18 AM.png

That destroys my feelings on Seattle. It needs to rain. All the time.

Had a familia cookout yesterday evening. Fresh King Salmon cooked on the BGE! Damn that was awesome. Cooked half with S&P, Garlic, Lemon and the other half with some of the Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Sauce from Costco. :hug

Grilled corn on the cob, fresh green bean salad, Sourdough Bagette. and more than one bottle of Columbia Crest Chardonnay disappeared. LOL

IMG_0716.jpg

sauce.jpg

Last edited:
Had a familia cookout yesterday evening. Fresh King Salmon cooked on the BGE! Damn that was awesome. Cooked half with S&P, Garlic, Lemon and the other half with some of the Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Sauce from Costco. :hug

Grilled corn on the cob, fresh green bean salad, Sourdough Bagette. and more than one bottle of Columbia Crest Chardonnay disappeared. LOL

IMG_0716.jpg

sauce.jpg

The Roasted Pineapple Habanero sauce is a great marinade. We've used it on salmon, pork and chicken...

Down in the U of WA District today. Old school burger institution here in Seattle. Simple menu, just burgers, fries and drinks. Not bad, but not anywhere as good as a New Mexico "Blake's Lot-O-Burger" green chile cheese burger! SWMBO did some bead shopping and I hit some of the boutique wine shops in the area. Snagged a few really hard to find bottles of grape juice. Another gorgeous but HOT day. While sitting in traffic on one of the floating bridges we watched the Blue Angels practicing for their weekend shows here in town for SeaFair week. Just amazing. Watched them do complete loops all while flying only feet apart.

IMG_6535.jpg

1280px-US_Navy_040807-N-6477M-045_The_Blue_Angels_perform_above_Lake_Washington_during_Seafair_w.jpg

Looks that way doesn't it! LOL At the wedding last night we had fun saying "I remember when it used to rain in Seattle"......

Here is some proof. Yesterday we were out driving around Bainbridge Island and came upon the final resting place of Chief "Sealth" aka Chief "Seattle". As you can see the grass is dead. They just broke a record of consecutive days above 90 yesterday. Now at 10 and could go as high as 13.

11825825_10203413456736045_5865309951757616923_n.jpg

11811544_10203413456776046_5782153948995174111_n.jpg

11836668_10203413456856048_1150038708814918695_n.jpg

Heading back to Seattle today and two days in at the Willows lodge in Woodinville. Next up, some serious Wine tasting!

Looks like a grand time Mike. You DID visit PIKE PLACE didn't you?? You know of course that the entire landmass of NW Washington will be shrinking like a wool sweater!!! :)

Beautiful venue and a beautiful couple. I hate when I cry at weddings. Next few will be because I'll be paying for them. :( At least I'll get a good deal on the wine.

Back