Going to Amarone country

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I know I've been on the side for a while now. Still making wine but really busy at work, when I do most of my posting. :r

I am going to Milan for work/play. illy Cafe (the primary coffee/espresso we distribute) is a major corporate sponsor of Expo 2015 in Milan this summer. So my wife and I are going to spend two days at the Expo and a couple days in Milan. One of the days I am planning to take a private tour of a couple Amarone wineries in The Venito near Verona. Just a day trip there and back with a lunch in between the wineries. Suggestions on private ture companies and more importantly suggestions of a couple small wineries. I'm not at all interestead in Masi, Zonin, Alligrini or any of the big guys. I want up close and personal.:a1

WOW! Envy is wrong so I will just say... if not me, I am glad it's you...

I will also remind you of our rule here.. pictures or it did not happen...

Tony, I don't know if you are former military, but when we went to the area to visit our daughter (who was military family), the military offered many great tours using locals as tour guides. May be worth checking out if it applies. I, too, am really jealous. I would love to go back.

WOW! Envy is wrong so I will just say... if not me, I am glad it's you...

I will also remind you of our rule here.. pictures or it did not happen...

Thanks, don't worry about pictures. The only question that brings up is if I need a 32G or 64G Micro SD card to store pictures on my phone? Not really, I'm only getting the 64 because I can't find a 128! Hahaha

Last edited:
Tony, I don't know if you are former military, but when we went to the area to visit our daughter (who was military family), the military offered many great tours using locals as tour guides. May be worth checking out if it applies. I, too, am really jealous. I would love to go back.

Not military but I have engaged someone from a company of loosely connected local wine enthusiastic as guide and driver. I'm pumped.

I know I've been on the side for a while now. Still making wine but really busy at work, when I do most of my posting. :r

I am going to Milan for work/play. illy Cafe (the primary coffee/espresso we distribute) is a major corporate sponsor of Expo 2015 in Milan this summer. So my wife and I are going to spend two days at the Expo and a couple days in Milan. One of the days I am planning to take a private tour of a couple Amarone wineries in The Venito near Verona. Just a day trip there and back with a lunch in between the wineries. Suggestions on private ture companies and more importantly suggestions of a couple small wineries. I'm not at all interestead in Masi, Zonin, Alligrini or any of the big guys. I want up close and personal.:a1

Illy is one of my favorite brands and one of the only found in stores I will buy. Otherwise I go local.

Too cool!

Amarone trip

SEE IF YOU CAN FIND A WINER NAMED TOMASSI,EXCELLENT AMARONE OR SANTI AMARONE.:i

Ciao from EXPO Milano. 1000 Italian wines to taste. I may have to be here a while.

1442847933643.jpg

1442847956366.jpg

The Expo Italian Wine Pavilion is very cool. We were there in August. Enjoy!

20609477800_f9325e5bc0_c.jpg

20788028312_93dc674dfc_c.jpg

August, ouch. It was only 68 degrees today at Expo. Tomorrow The Veneto Valley and Verona.

Latest posts

Back