Wine Bottle Tiki Torch!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SWMBO got me a couple of these for a Fathers day gift. Great idea and a nice way to reuse a special wine bottle. I believe she found these on eBay.

3-Torch.jpg

If you want looks like a pretty easy DIY project and the supplies can be snagged from Lowe's

Wine Bottle Tiki Torch

I bought a few of those as well. I didn't make the holders though. That's a great idea. I saw somewhere the suggestion to put glass rocks in the bottom of the bottle to add weight and also to displace the fluid since the wick doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle.

Thats a great idea. The wick only extends about halfway down the bottle so lots of extra fuel for sure.

My wife and I often light candles - oil candles and one way to reduce the amount of oil you need is simply to fill the extra space in the bottle with... water. Water and oil don't mix and the oil is less dense than water so it floats..No need for rocks or marbles.. and for the time being water here in the north and east is pretty plentiful (doesn't even need to be potable)... ;)

Latest posts

Back