Any special holiday meals today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodnboro

Reaction score
I'm doing the ole standard. Grilled ribs, hamburgers, and hot dogs. I used a rub that I found on here. I'm also making a Dragon Blood Sangria with strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple.

Lol, we will probably be eating out somewhere since we are out of town

I am having a fish fry. A friend caught a 56 lb. catfish and shared with my daughter. She brought it to me so I am frying fish today and everyone else is bringing a dish. I made a large blueberry cobbler from berries I picked from my patch. I am now over 5 gallons from 6 bushes. It's a really good year for the berries.

Mary Lou

Serving grilled brats (bratwurst) and onions on grain rolls, with 3-bean salad and iced tea. Also might enjoy a glass of Dragon Blood with a garnish of frozen whole strawberries.

Letsee...

Thursday, made pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravey.
Friday, I made ribs, sausage, and London broil,
Sunday, I made a simple meat sauce.

I will post pictures on the "what's for dinner" thread.

We did an easy quick dinner. Grilled up 2 different kinds of Brats. One was Cheddar and Bacon Brat the other was a Costco Brat with chicken, artichoke, garlic and mozzarella that was delicious. Also prepared a new (recipe) potato salad that was basically a warm potato salad that was cooked on the grill (tented in aluminum foil). New potatoes, cubed onion, thyme, french tarragon. The dressing was dijon mustard, EVOO, red wine vinegar.

kalyns-kitchen-picks-chicken-sausage-500w-kalynskitchen.jpg

The only thing I do on the fourth is Hamburgers and Hotdogs. This year I did Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs and I have found my new love in life, so from now on that will be it.

The only thing I do on the fourth is Hamburgers and Hotdogs. This year I did Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs and I have found my new love in life, so from now on that will be it.

That is funny! When I was growing up, a bacon-wrapped dog was called a "Texas Tommy." I always assumed this was, as the name suggested, a Texas thing (and therefore you would have known about it). Turns out that this was a phenomenon specific to the Philadelphia area in the post-WWII period: http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/10/hot-dog-of-the-week-texas-tommy-philadelphia-philly-pa.html

That is funny! When I was growing up, a bacon-wrapped dog was called a "Texas Tommy." I always assumed this was, as the name suggested, a Texas thing (and therefore you would have known about it). Turns out that this was a phenomenon specific to the Philadelphia area in the post-WWII period: http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/10/hot-dog-of-the-week-texas-tommy-philadelphia-philly-pa.html

Wow!

I'd never had one, then I saw a chart on the world's hotdogs and how they eat them. I don't remember where it was, but they wrap them in bacon and put them in a roll. My thought was "Perfect food right there.".

Thanks for the link. I love food history. I focus in American Fare. I think as far as international cuisines go we are underrated.

I saw an episode of Triple "D" awhile back and they wrapped bacon around a hot dog and then deep fried it! :hug

Back