Just curious

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norske

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to how many commercial wineries are here on the forum.

How do you specify commercial winery?

I guess I am one. I do have all paperwork necessary to sell the wine I produce (from my own grapes, I am not allowed to sell wine from grapes I bought), but it is still more just hobby as I have proper job on side and don't really plan to have my little winery as my only focus.

Licensed wineries. So far it looks like just me and you.

We get around 700 tons from the Texas high plains on a good year for all of our cellar reserve wines and competition wines as well as our small batch wine club wines. We do get juice or grapes from California usually for our simple grocery store (sweet nonvintage) wines but on back years we will also get grapes from New Mexico. I'll look up the percentage of what comes outside but in terms of production all of our sweet red will come from California. I'll have to go over some paper work for ya if you want more exact numbers, I try not to answer off the top of my head haha

I am also a commercial winery in WV. We are small at about 1000 cases per year, but we're growing rapidly. I get about half my grapes from within WV, and the rest fro NY and CA.

Laurel Highlands Meadery

Considered a winery, but actually a commercial meadery here in South-Western PA, a few miles from Hokapsig.

Last edited:
Count me in the commercial list. First commercial crush in 2013. Just about 1000 cases this past crush. Still working my day job to support my nights, weekends and holiday hobby job. About 90% sourced locally and 10% from NY.

Latest posts

Back