Peaches added tonight

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwmc1

Reaction score
Went ahead and added 8 chopped peaches to my chardonnay tonight...I am keeping my fingers crossed :b

11694982_10204083012946855_1719890617501509198_n.jpg

So, I have racked the wine into a Carboy and it resembles orange juice with milk poured in it. I know it won't be clear at all, but I am hoping it isn't worse than it should be. Also, there is quite a head of foam that has formed on the top. Do any of you think it will be more difficult to clear because the peaches were added? Should I plan on any additional clearing agent?

FullSizeRender.jpg

I just moved it to the carboy, so I am not clearing yet. I just wondered if it was usually this cloudy at this point. I have never made white wine.

Yes it is going to be very cloudy at this point.

As Sal mentioned, it looks like it is not done fermenting, which will keep it from clearing.

What is the SG?

Also, do you have extra to top that up with or are you racking down to a smaller carboy? A lot of headspace in there.

Added 1.5 litres of chardonnay that I made before...will reduce headspace when I start clearing

Well it took a bit longer to clear than I had hoped, but wow did this stuff turn out incredibly good...I am very happy...very very clear and tastes great. Had the whole family over for dinner and they enjoyed it as well.

Back