My first question:)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeginnerMark

Reaction score
Hey guys is there any alternative to making red wine with "winexperts vintners reserve juice Cabernet Sauvignon 2.6 gallons" I find it very expensive for just juice 80$ online!!
I don't want to go through the painfully long process of doing it with grapes from scratch either! Please help I'm just a beginner :) thanks guys!

Thanks sooo much Steve! I know it's cheaper because it'll only make around 3 gallons of wine. Paying half the amount will give me half the wine :)!
But thanks so much!

Yea your right I know it makes a lot of bottles! If I were to use the VR kits I'm making 6 gallons of wine which is great!

Thanks sooo much Steve! I know it's cheaper because it'll only make around 3 gallons of wine. Paying half the amount will give me half the wine :)!
But thanks so much!

Yea your right I know it makes a lot of bottles! If I were to use the VR kits I'm making 6 gallons of wine which is great!

Both of these kits make 30 bottles of wine. Not sure what you mean by half the wine.

Steve

5.5 liters equals about 1.5 gallons.
The Winexperts kit has 2.6 gallons
So wouldn't the cheaper kit yield less wine?
Sorry Steve I'm still a beginner as you can see.
Forgive my ignorance
Mark

I think your confused by those numbers. That's how much juice concentrate is in each box. You put that in your bucket and top up to the 6 gallon mark with water on both. The one with more juice will be a better fuller wine than the other since there is less water added to dilute the juice.

Yea I knew I fill it up with water till 6 gallons with 2.5 gallons I just thought I would put less water if I had less juice too!
Thanks so much for helping me understand JimmyT :)

Back