Hello From Colorado!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRVintner

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm from Northern Colorado and am currently looking to take my many-years-long hobby of country wine making to the next level. We noticed nobody in NoCo is currently making good fruit wine, despite the availability of some pretty stellar produce from local farmers. SO, we're stepping in to change all of that! I'm hoping to connect with some other fruit wine makers out there or anybody making cider, mead, etc. on a professional level.

Please feel free to give me a shout!

Thanks,

Ryan
Forgotten Roots Winery

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to WineMakingTalk. What types of fruit wines are you making?

Welcome to WMT, Ryan!

I assume you mean that no one in NoCo is SELLING good fruit wine. Might be some home winemakers, like, until recently, yourself, who are making good stuff!! :hug

Haha true that! Yes, nobody is making and SELLING good fruit wine, to clarify. Indeed, most of what we see is people flavoring grape wine with fruit syrup after fermentation is complete... not our favorite!

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to WineMakingTalk. What types of fruit wines are you making?

Hi Julie!

We're making wines with 100% local agricultural products including plum, apricot, strawberry, apple, and (drum rollll) we're planting a gooseberry "vineyard" out back. They have been referred to as the "hairy grape" and, frankly, they make delicious but exceptionally hard to find wine. We plan on having several varietals (hinomaki red, cherokee, pixwell, etc.)

Wecome, there a quite a few country wine makers here, look forward to following your progress with your winery.
Mike

Thanks Mike! Glad to connect with some. Other than myself and people I've turned on to the hobby, haven't met many country wine makers! How refreshing :br

Northern Colorado as in where exactly? I travel out to Winter Park to visit my son frequently.

We're located out in Windsor, CO. Fort Collins is probably the closest, better known, city in the area.

Know right where you are. Had a good friend that lived around Windsor when I was competing in strongman.

Do you have a winery or just calling your home venture Forgotten Roots?

Know right where you are. Had a good friend that lived around Windsor when I was competing in strongman.

Do you have a winery or just calling your home venture Forgotten Roots?

Oh no, we have a physical location for a legitimate commercial winery. No more home fermenting here! (Except when I go home and make batches for fun!)

Latest posts

Back