my garden's bounty

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So yesterday, the wife come up to me all happy and proud. When I asked her "What's up" she told me that she harvested a tomato and a jalapeno pepper from the deck garden.

Cool!!! Visions of a nice bowl of fresh salsa came to mind. That is, until I got a look at our big "Harvest".

Take a look. I included a wine cork to show scale. I wonder if they sell "Micro" tortilla chips...

IMG_20150628_181552_984.jpg

I can give you a bunch of jalapenos if I can find them in the thicket that was once my garden. Warm weather + small weeds + 1 week of rain (almost 8 inches) = 1 instant thicket.

At least you are putting forth an effort. My tomatoes an peppers are about to come in as well and I am looking forward to some fresh salsa too. I just bottled a really nice Sangria by Niagara Mist that will go great with some.

The first ones out of the garden are always the best tasting no matter what the size! A little knife work and some cilantro and one cracker each, just one bite but a good one! WVMJ

A tomato and a pepper already!! That's great. I am just starting to pick the snow peas and today I pulled out our first daikon radish. The tomatos are way behind. The very first flowers on them are just coming out.
:b
Larry

I planted radishes and they've got huge. I'm not really happy with the flavor either. With so many different kinds to choose from that all look the same, how the heck
do you know what to pick.

Latest posts

Back