Some fruit is shriveling/turning in cranberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of my fruit drying up and turning into what looks like raisens of cranberries. The area in so cal is very hot. Any reason why this is happening and what I can do?

image.jpg

I don't have much experience, but I think your hunch of black rot may be correct. If it is, it's too late to prevent it this year. I would make sure you start next year with a good spray program to prevent it.

I was hoping someone from California could answer for you since it looks like it something from your area. The first piocture I was thinking it could be sunscald because of the fruit turning and rotting.The second picture doesn't look so much like it. The last picture looks almost like it could be some powdery mildew that got killed from sunshine (yes the sun can kill that mildew) especially since some of the berries are split. I think you may have several problems going on at once. What have you used for a spray program?

At this vineyard they didn't spray for like 3 months because there vineyard guy left.

I sprayed as soon as I got here. They have only been using dish soap and mineral oil, and that's what I sprayed with.

Might need to buy some wettable sulfur, quintek, rally, flint.

I guess what I'm most scared is it being pierce disease.

Thanks for the responses guys.

image.jpg

Back