What do you name your wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumby

Wine improves with age, I improve with wine
Reaction score
I am in the process of making a version of Dave's Dragon Blood with Mango, peach, pineapple, strawberry, apple and grapes. I am looking for a creative name for the label. Thoughts, ideas? btw, it appears that the end product is going be the color of the mangos and peaches. Perhaps a name incorporating the color????????

Last edited:
You could name it after a child or spouse calling it Mary's blush or something like that. A Summer Night's Dream or Jumby's Creation. You can go on line and get idea's of different names and then personalize it for yourself.

I make a lot of blends so when I find a commercial blend I like and I have the varietal wine components or reasonably close I give it that same name only change the name to Spanish. Here is a good example from 2012. Dueling Pistols is a commercial blend of 50/50 Cab Sauv and Syrah. Here is my version.

LODI-PISTOLAS.jpg

nice picture, Mike. I lived near Taos for 10 years and there is no where else I have lived that I saw lightening like I did just north of Taos. Something about those plains!

LOL yea, you wouldn't think at first that NM would have have a lot of lightening but we have the 2nd most lightening strikes by state. Only FL has more.

Funny story. When I moved here from TX almost 30 years ago now I played a LOT of golf. First Summer me and a buddy were playing and a monsoon storm came rolling in with thunder and some lightening. I ignored it until a bolt of lightening hit no more than 50 feet away in a nearby tree. Me and my buddy ran 400yds to the club house in about 30 secs flat. I learned to respect the elements here quickly after that!

I am in the process of making a version of Dave's Dragon Blood with Mango, peach, pineapple, strawberry, apple and grapes. I am looking for a creative name for the label. Thoughts, ideas? btw, it appears that the end product is going be the color of the mangos and peaches. Perhaps a name incorporating the color????????

I generally label mine according to the fruit or grape that it's made from. My Peach will be "Peach Perfection". I just bottled some concord grape/blackberry jam that I called Il Mio Paisano DeMarco. Named it for a great Italian friend I had in Vietnam. Haven't seen him since 1968 but we stay in touch. He told me his GrandPa used to make some excellent "**** Red' so I made this batch for my buddy. Will be sending him a couple 1.5 Liter bottles in the next couple weeks.

20150620_174127.jpg

How about "Tropical Melange"? Sort of incorporates all the ingredients....and sounds sort of kinky for some reason!! :i

With all of those different fruits, how about...

Miranda's Mirage....

images

Thanks guys and gals! I'm leaning more towards "Golden Daze" now as I see how it's progressing. It's a beautiful golden color.

Last edited:
lol. ok I give up. I was looking at the dusk sky and seeing all the pinks and colors I thought it would be a good name but now that you implanted the other in my mind I have to agree it's probably not a good 1.
maybe I should have said summer twilight :)

lol. ok I give up. I was looking at the dusk sky and seeing all the pinks and colors I thought it would be a good name but now that you implanted the other in my mind I have to agree it's probably not a good 1.
maybe I should have said summer twilight :)

.... No, No... I think that it will work. I can see the label now.. A slender woman strolling through a field of wild flowers, wearing a sundress and a big, straw, summer garden hat... :)

Latest posts

Back