WineXpert World Vineyard French Sauvignon Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineinmd

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this kit so I figure I'd share my story.

Started the kit on 3/15/15.

SG - 1.092
Yeast - EC1118
Nutrients - 7g of GoFerm at beginning. 7g of Fermaid K at 1/3 sugar depletion
Fermentation Temperature - 64F with no active temperature control

3/18 - Gravity at 1.058. Added the Fermaid K
3/22 - Gravity at 1.012.
3/24 - Gravity at 1.000. Siphoned to 6 gallon Better Bottle.
3/29 - Moved upstairs to 70F room in preparation for degassing.
4/3/15 - Gravity at 0.994. Sample had a good flavor (steely and herby, yet fruity), but sharp bite. Added k-meta and sulfite (lesson learned on this) to 1/2 c. cool water and added to carboy. Degassed with drill-mounted stirrer. WINE VOLCANO! Cleaned up volcano. Added Isinglass. Degassed again (more slowly this time) with drill-mounted stirrer.
4/15/15 - Wine has cleared nicely.
5/31/15 - Bottled. The leftovers still had the same pleasant flavors, but it was quite thin.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I went in with the mindset that this was going to be my training wheels kit, and I am quite happy with how it turned out. I'll report back as I open more bottles and get feedback from my friends with more refined palates.

I've got the bug now, with a Island Mist kit ready to be transferred and the ingredients for a cranberry SP ready to go on the lees. My next kit will be a big red. Now to decide which one.

I just bottled this one, and for it not being a top tier kit I was extremely happy with it. Only modification I made was I bumped the SG to about 1.088 and then left it dry. It is very drinkable now at only about 3 months but looking forward to how it ages in the bottle over next little while.

I do not do alot of kits but have done this one. I bottled over a year ago. Recently it won Best Dry Vinifera at the 2015 Wisconsin State fair. I personally do not care for it but everyone else loves it.

Back