does yeast type affect wine taste..?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freewolfman

Junior
Reaction score
I'm new in wine making and I tried to make it with fresh yeast not dried one and I'm using a big piece of it to let fermentation end faster...is this will affect the taste of wine and I had to use dried yeast to achieve a better taste or not ?

First of all, welcome to the forum. Different yeasts will impart different flavors to your wine. I am not sure what fresh yeast is but if it will make the juice ferment you will most likely wind up with wine. How it will affect the flavor is kind of a crapshoot. Most wine yeasts are designed to add flavors or to ferment in a certain way. If you want to know what they are google up wine yeast manufactures and their web sited will give you an idea of what the yeasts are designed for. Arne.

did anyone try wild yeast fermentation before....wild yeast present naturaliy in the grape membrane so you don't had to use yeast at all but it take a long time

Last edited:
By adding your own yeast you bypass all the nasties that can develope and have more control over the fermentation

Latest posts

Back