WineMaker magazine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT

Reaction score
Hi all, I was looking to maybe get a subscription to WineMaker magazine. I was wondering if it's a good read or if I'd be better off getting something else? I like to make mostly fruit wines and wondered if it would be beneficial or if they talk mostly about the main red varietals.

I think it's one of the best magazines out there. You should buy a copy at the store for yourself and decide for yourself if it is right or not.

@JimmyT -
I have a coupon from the last issue that will save you 10 dollars off a years subscription.
If you are interested in it - I will mail it to you

Just send me your address thru a PM - if interested.

I enjoy reading the magazines and keeping them for reference as well.

Last edited:
wine maker magazine

Hi there,
I subscribe to wine maker magazine and since I am a newbie, I find the articles interesting.
I noticed you said something about making fruity wines. I have an issue that describes 8 fruit recipes. I f you would like it, I will be glad to send it to you. Just sent me your address as a PM.
Corinth

@Corinth
Which recipes ? and which volume are you referring to ?

I have a tendency of setting it asides sometimes and reading them later when I can.

wine making magazine

june-july 2009: 8 great berry wine recipes
June - july 2004 Making country wines
April-may 2004 fruit and grape wine blends
In honor of Joe, there is a section called"thinking outside the wine box."

respectfully,
Corinth

Its mostly grape stuff, but, the basics of making wine apply from grapes to fruit wines. Most of the fruit wines listed are still light on fruit, not many 100% juicers are written about in the mag, I think you would get some better recipes here, but you will get some good basics from it. WVMJ

Just got back from the Winemaker conference in Portland... It was great as usual... Learned some new things from the sessions. There is always room to learn! Just another great part of that magazine.

You can order back issues of all their prior editions on their website if want any of the ones Corinth listed. They are pretty reasonable or at least they were when I ordered.

I highly recommend Winemaker Magazine. A couple of years ago I ordered a free 3 month sampler. Loved it but it was so expensive getting it sent to Costa Rica that I never went forward with the subscription.

Back