Nutrients for hard lemonade

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booboo

Reaction score
I am going to make a 5 gallon batch of hard lemonade. It is basically lemon juice, sugar and water. The starting brix will be about 11. Yeast is two 5g packages of D47 rehydrated with go-ferm.

I plan to use fermaid k pre fermentation and fermaid o about 2/3 of the way through a fermentation. I need to know how much of each to use. My biggest problem is with the brix being only 11, I can't figure out the YAN requirements.

Use Fermaid K as the Yeast Energizer (it has DAP), and the Fermaid O as the Yeast Nutrient (does not have DAP), in the recipe.

Use Fermaid K as the Yeast Energizer (it has DAP), and the Fermaid O as the Yeast Nutrient (does not have DAP), in the recipe.

I don't think a tsp of fermaid o is comparable to a tsp of off the shelf yeast nutrient. Maybe I am wrong.

I am looking for the recommended YAN level for 11 Brix that is 3 quarts lemon juice, sugar and enough water to get to 5.5 gallons.

Latest posts

Back