California water usage Nationally

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw this this morning and found it kind of interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...tribution-to-the-california-drought.html?_r=0

Residential users are doing a lot of complaining about having to make cuts even though they only account for about 20% of overall water use.

It's not like we (californians) can just stop growing food and shut down industry so we have enough water to dump on our grass every week.
Mike

We are out in the LA area visiting our oldest daughter and SIL. I have not seen any huge water wasters so far. That graphic says it all. It takes a boatload of water to grow food, especially nuts and rice. CA is going to have to make some tough decisions I am afraid.

I feel like those numbers are sensationally inflated...24 gallons for 1 bunch of grapes? maybe per vine, not per bunch. Interesting none the less.

ibglowin, looks like you picked a perfect weekend to visit, we've ordered perfect mid 70's and blue sky for your weekend. If you're near the San Gabriel valley you're welcome to stop by for a glass or two anytime.
Have a great visit.
Mike

Thanks Kraffty! We are in Burbank and probably won't venture too far. Have not seen too much sun so far, very cool and cloudy but looks like it will clear up for the weekend!

Sure wish we could divert some of the rain we are getting in Colorado to California. We're tired of it. My dam feet are webbing and my fingers may be permanently wrinkled! Rain, rain go away...

Unfortunately, when it does end, we probably won't see any more til October.

Back