transfer pump question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Richard, the answer is yes it can. You can get all of the parts and instructions you need to do so from vacuumpumpman who is a member of the forum. I suggest you PM him with any questions or requirements. Essentially, you will need a long transfer tube that reaches to the bottom of the donating carboy, tubing to connect that to one side of a two hole stopper on top of the receiving carboy and tubing to run from the second hole in that stopper to the vacuum bottle that comes with your aspirator. That is the set up I have but I replaced the plastic container on the aspirator with a Buechner flask.

Good luck.

I did it with a Schuco aspirator pump.

Get the Wine Bottling Setup, and the Wine Splash Racking Cane. You may also need to add some hose to connect the racking cane to the splash racking cane. Steve will tell you if it is not part of the Wine Bottling Setup.

All you need to add is a standard racking cane to suck it out of your carboy.

The Wine Bottling Setup may seem expensive, but it comes with an expensive brass valve. Very helpful.

You need to tell Steve the tubing size coming off your aspirator, and he will customize the tubing for you.

thank you one and all.
vacumpumpman I will PM you as soon as I get home.
i've spent almost 6 out of the last 7 months in the hospital,
they took my right leg below the knee. cut into my vertebra to get the infection out of my spine, and cut my throat and put in a trek tub..
but I should be back home in a week or so,
I looked at your web page (vacumpump man) so when we get together I'd just as soon buy what I need from you, I got 38 gallons at 1 year of bulk ageing in glass carboys ,
and using a racking cane is to long on time,
14 gallon blackberry
9 gallon apple/pear/crab apple blend 48%-48%-4% if you like white grapefruit juice then that one is killer
8 gallon elderberry
7 gallon strawberry,
all hand picked by me before I became ill
thank all of ya'll
richard

Richard -
I hope you have a speedy recovery !

You will definitely find out how easier it is using a vacuum pump during your entire winemaking process. I am sure that I can help point you in the right direction in order to make your life easier in whatever part of the wine making stage you are in.

talked today with vacumpumpman,
Steve was kind and very helpful
his site allinonewinepump.com had bout every thing I needed and links to the rest of what I needed..
I'll be honest vacumpumpman saved me a lot of heart ache and time,
I cant thank him enough. he's defiantly a man worth his salt,,, as they say in my neck of the woods. he really help this poor dumb hillbilly out, that's for sure..as soon as I check my stopper sizes I'll need tomorrow. I'll be giving my business to allinonewinepump.com,,,,,
thank you vacumpumpman.

Back