Tuscany!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting really excited. Later this summer, I am going on a walking trip through Tuscany. Hmmmm, lessee, what do we want to drink today, Chianti Classico? Brunello di Montalcino? Or perhaps some Vino Nobile de Montepulciano? Maybe I should go "downmarket" today with "just" a Rosso di Montalcino or a Rosso di Montepulciano or a normal Chianti? And maybe a nice Vin Santo for after dinner? Decisions, decisions.... :D

I will get to visit both Montalcino and Montepulciano (in Tuscany). (Not to be confused with Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.) Should be good!:r

Paul, you will have the time of your life. We stayed in the same area a few years back. The village in which our apartment was is called Castelmuzio and it is about 5 miles from Pienza which is a larger town in between Montepulciano and Montalcino. The wine is wonderful and you don't have to buy the Rosso's because the Vino Nobile and Brunello are very reasonable. They will be even better for you with the stronger dollar. If you like a white wine, venture up to San Gimignano for some Vernaccia. Really great! Another tip that always worked for me. If you have having an informal lunch or dinner, order the house white or house red. I was never disappointed.

Have a ball!

Or maybe a Super Tuscan tonight..... :D

Actually, revved up by making this post, I really did have a Chianti Classico this evening. Yum! I could not find a Brunello under $65 or so....

I am so envious!!

We stayed here, about 10 mi north of Montalcino. One of the best dinners and super tuscans EVER. I know when your in Italy you can never do all you want to do, but if you had an evening this place is worth the effort.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...ta=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xba6ffefaee063164?hl=en-US

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, as you suspect, it is not in the cards. Our itinerary is pretty set: Siena, Montalcino, San Quirico, Pienza, Montepulciano, Rome. Totally looking forward to it!

Well, when you're in Siena, you are 1.7 mile away from CasaFrassi (about 6 min drive). If you have the time drive up and buy a bottle of the Super Tuscan at the check-in desk. In 2009 they were 10 euro. They sell in NY, NY for $125.

I don't make this offer except to friends that I can knock on their door. I have a TomTom with Italy programmed in. It's been to Italy 8 times, me only once. Let me know if you would like to borrow it. It comes in quite handy and can be set to walking mode.

I don't make this offer except to friends that I can knock on their door. I have a TomTom with Italy programmed in. It's been to Italy 8 times, me only once. Let me know if you would like to borrow it. It comes in quite handy and can be set to walking mode.

I'm gobsmacked by your generosity. I'll send you a PM.

Latest posts

Back