My review of the allinonepump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matis

Junior
Reaction score
My review of the allinone pump

1. I have been making wine for about 12 years.
  2. For years I have using old fashioned techniques such as raising the carboy and using gravity and suction/siphon.
  3. I was looking for a filter pump, I had initially ordered another brand and then, while awaiting shipment, I saw an ad for the allinonepump and figured I would give it a whirl (no pun intended) instead. I figured, why not get one tool for everything? I returned the other "jet" pump without using it and soon after received the allionone pump.
  4. As mentioned elsewhere, Steve, the designer and maker of the allionone pump, was available every single time I called him, even when I was standing at home depot, buying additional tubing, etc.
  5. Anyhoo, don't ask me the physics of how it works, but it works
Here are the benefits of this miraculous machine

1. you don't have to lift the heavy carboys/demijohns
  2. by not having move the carboys, you don't have to disturb lees
  3. it is fast, I was able to transfer a 54 liter demijohn in about 12 minutes
  4. no more swallowing wine from a tube when trying to start the suction!
  5. very little if any leaking, once, while using the allinone, I wasn't paying attention and my receiving carboy was full, all the run off, which would normally go onto the floor when into the runoff bottle.
  6. It is easy to use, it is color coded.
I used it for Racking and for Filtering and bottling. Everything worked great and it was simple. I like the fact that the filtering jerry-rig is a clever work around solution for the filtering, that I can us a water filter, and don't have to buy proprietary wine pump filters.

I did this with my son helping me, I found it easier btw to use the vacuum release button when bottling, to stop the flow, although one can merely remove the filling attachment from the bottle to stop the flow. By using the vacuum release button, there is virtually no leakage during bottling. By depressing the brass release button, the flow stops completely.

One tip for filtering: I used to have tendency to save every drop of wine, even the dirty wine. Over the years I started to throw out the bottom of the barrel, literally, and not try to save every drop of the "dirty" wine. In doing so, I threw out perhaps about one half gallon of wine, but the end result is cleaner wine and less racking. That is just my preference.

Another amazing tool is the freezer in my garage. After primary fermentation (I made whites this year and prevented chemically the secondary formation), I put the must/wine in the freezer overnight, which forces the lees to the bottom.

Also, if you insist on trying to save the "dirty" wine, put a bucket of the bottom of the barrel wine in the freezer, free the wine, and then let it defrost and voila, the lees are all on the bottom within 36 hours or so. The just rack off the clean wine.

Freezing works wonders.

Anyhoo, back to the allinone: It is a great tool, and I recommend it wholeheartedly, it definitely saved me time and wine, which would have been spilled had I had to siphon from the carboy into a bucket and then from the bucket to the bottle. Also, all of this is done with the least possible contact with the air.

Also, the thing is not so technical to use, it is easy to use, and you don't need to any knowledge of anything to use it, just set it up and watch it work its magic!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back